Better Jobs Ontario (formerly known as Second Career) can help you upgrade your skills to match the labour market needs. This program is for unemployed individuals for which skills training is the most appropriate intervention to transition them into high-skill, in-demand occupations.
This Ontario government program helps eligible applicants receive skills training (maximum 52 weeks duration including micro-credentials) and financial support for in-demand jobs. Individuals can apply for up to $28,000 for costs including:
- Other instructional costs
- Basic living allowance
You may qualify for additional funding for:
- Disability related supports
- Literacy and basic skills
- you have been laid-off and have not been working
- you have been laid-off and are now working but underemployed
- you have not been laid-off but have been unemployed for six months or longer and are part of a low-income household
- A fast-track stream is available for those who have been laid off due to COVID-19.
For more information about Better Jobs Ontario, please contact WEST Employment Services at 519-256-6621 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.