1. Do you help only women?
- WEST’s predominantly provides services to young women and women in the Windsor-Essex County area.
- Employment Services does provide services to all Ontarians (men and women) in the Windsor-Essex County.
2. What classes and/or programs do you offer?
- WEST offers a range of classes and/or programs that include:
- Please contact our office for more information about all our programs and eligibility requirements.
3. Are international students looking for a part-time job eligible for services at WEST?
- Yes, there are some services available at WEST to assist international students with their job search. Please contact the office to find out more information.
4. Do you help employers with their recruitment and hiring?
- Yes, through Employment Services, Women In Skilled Trades, Young Women in LEAD and the Enhanced Language Training Program (ELT). WEST has services available to assist employers with their recruitment and hiring. Please contact for more information.
5. What does it cost to register for a program at WEST?
- Programs and services are offered at no cost.
6. What jobs do you have available at WEST?
7. Are your programs and services only for newcomers?
- No. WEST offers a range of programs and services available to individuals in Windsor-Essex County. To find out more about program eligibility, please feel free to contact WEST.
8. Does your organization accept women’s clothing donations?
- Yes, WEST accepts professional attire as clothing donations for our Ready to Work Program. The Ready for Work Program provides gently used clothing to support women for interviews and when starting a new job and/or career.
9. What is your address and how do I get there and what are your office hours?
- WEST is located at 201-647 Ouellette Ave., Windsor, ON
- There is a bus stop located north of WEST one on Ouellette and one on Wyandotte (west of the intersection) and the Transit Windsor busses 1A, 1C, Central 3 and Ottawa 4.
- The office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00am to 4:30pm and Wednesdays from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
10. Do you have parking?
- There is meter parking available on Pelissier Street located behind WEST, as well as at City Lot 15 (Pelissier and Wyandotte) the standard rate is $1.50 per hour.