Have you been looking for training that is specifically designed to help young women find employment?
The Young Women in L.E.A.D. Program, funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment and Skills Strategy, aims to assist young women facing barriers to employment so that they can develop the knowledge, skills and experience needed for employment. Participants in this program will complete 8-weeks of full time classes of employability essentials training followed by a 10 to 12 week work placement.
The L.E.A.D. program incorporates components such as:
- Job search
- Computer skills
- Professional development workshops
- Certifications (WHMIS, CPR/First Aid)
- Various classes taught by industry experts
The benefits of the 10-week placement are two-fold:
- Participants benefit from real world exposure
- Industry benefits by reducing the training time for new employees and are paid a wage subsidy to offset training costs.
WEST staff will maintain contact with participants and employers to offer on-site job coaching and support as required