The Introduction to Construction and Craft Trades for Women (ICCTW) program is specifically designed to facilitate the entry of women without prior experience or knowledge to the Construction, Craft Worker and Cement (Concrete) Finisher Trades.
This short-term training program will provide participants with basic knowledge and exposure to apprenticeship training and help in gaining employment by bridging the gap with this sector specific skills training.
The program will help leading the participants to further their hands-on experience through work-placements and pursue the RED Seal designation in various apprenticeship sectors.
This program will be offered in partnership with Labourers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA 625).
- 8 weeks in-class training including hands-on training and employment readiness
- 10 weeks paid industry work placement
- 16 years of age and older
- High School Diploma
- Good Math Skills
- G2 License
- General Computer Knowledge
- Resident of and legally able to work in Ontario