Employment Workshops & Computer Training
The Employment Service Department offers a range of workshops to help individuals explore and identify essential job skills that include:
- Labour market information and the hidden job market
- Orientation to Second Career and other Employment Ontario Programs
- Ready for work
- Employment laws and regulations
- Resumes and cover letter writing
- How to excel in an employment interview
Computer Based Job Search Workshops
- Utilizing technology in your job search
- Navigating employment websites
- Basic computer training
Computer training is available in Basic Computers, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel 2013.
Computer basics, terminology, hardware & software, operating systems, using Windows 7 and file management, introduction to Mavis Beacon for typing, introduction to internet & email.
Microsoft Word 2013
New features of Word, manipulating text and paragraphs, formatting documents, using tables, working with illustrations and references.
Microsoft Excel 2013
Formatting worksheets, organizing, importing and exporting data, using formulas and professionally editing spreadsheets.
Microsoft Certification option available for Word and Excel classes.